PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Restorative Breathwork Guided Series
In consideration of my acceptance into the Barratt Breathworks, Ltd. d/b/a Barratt Breath Institute's Restorative Breathwork Guided Series (this "Program"). I understand and agree as follows:
- Practice of Restorative Breathwork. Restorative Breathwork Programs are a unique fusion of contemplative practices comprised of breathwork, yoga, bioenergy and Eastern meditation techniques. I understand that the Program is based on the belief that Restorative Breathwork promotes physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. My practice of Restorative Breathwork is at my sole risk.
- Use of Materials. I understand that all written material is copyright and proprietary information of Barratt Breath Institute and may not be used, distributed, modified, copied or taught without its written permission. Barratt Breath Institute may give such permission to individuals who have completed this Program and become licensees of the materials.
- Payments. I understand that I am responsible for all fees regardless of whether I complete the Program. I further understand Barratt Breath institute will NOT provide refunds for any request that comes following the first live group breathwork session. After the first live breathwork session, all payments are non-refundable.
- Assumption of Risk, Release and Indemnification. I acknowledge and am fully aware of the potential risks (such as triggering of pre-existing symptomatic conditions or other physical injuries) inherent in participating in breathwork, yoga, and Eastern meditation techniques. I acknowledge that I am in good health and able to participate in breathwork, yoga, and Eastern meditation techniques as may be used in the Program. THEREFORE, IN CONSIDERATION OF MY ACCEPTANCE INTO THE PROGRAM, I KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM AND ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH RISKS ARISE FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF BARRATT BREATH INSTITUTE. I FURTHER forever waive any claim, liability, damage, loss, expense or cost, including reasonable attorney fees,(Collectively, a “Claim”) for, and assume all risk arising from or related to the practice of breathwork, yoga, or Eastern meditation techniques, whether during or after completion of the Program. I furthermore release and discharge Barratt Breath Institute and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, certified teachers and agents, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold them harmless, from and against any claim, directly or indirectly arising from or relating to my participation in the Program, or arising from or relating to my practicing breathwork, yoga, or Eastern meditation techniques after the Program FOR ANY PURPOSE. This agreement shall not be subject to any claim of mistake of fact, and regardless of the adequacy of the consideration provided, this agreement is intended to avoid future litigation and to be final and complete.
- Audio Release. I understand and acknowledge that Barratt Breath Institute or its agent, in connection with the Program, may audiotape or otherwise fix in a tangible (non-video) medium all or part of the Program and, in connection therewith, may incorporate my voice and written and audio quotations from me for its own business purposes, including in advertisements, promotional materials, newsletters, magazines, journals and other publications, posters and prints, websites and other online usage, and other related media. I consent and agree that Barratt Breath Institute, or its agent, may display, transmit, publish, distribute or otherwise use my voice and quotations for the above stated purposes and that under no circumstances shall I be entitled to compensation (including royalties) of any kind for such use. I waive, release and forever discharge the Released Parties of and from any and every Claim that I have or may have with respect to the above-described uses of my voice and quotations, including, but not limited to, any rights of privacy or rights of publicity or the right to pre-approve or inspect any such use.
I acknowledge and agree that I am 18 years old or above and have read the entire Agreement, including the release and waiver provisions, and execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance.