Not just a course, but an investment in your practice
7 modules of life-changing knowledge
Module 1 - The Fundamentals
This module introduces the core principles of Restorative Breathwork®. Students will learn an Eastern Breath Awareness practice designed to develop skills in sensing the more subtle qualities of the breath.
- Awakening prana - The energy of breath
- Bringing into play the interrelationship between breath and energy flow
- Guidelines for cultivating an attentive awareness of the breath
Module 2 - Opening to Stillness
Students will learn two practices to prepare the body for accessing deep states of inner stillness. Emphasis is on developing skills in facilitating guided relaxation sequences.
- Preparing the body for stillness through mindful movement
- Three elements of systematic relaxation
- The art of sequencing a guided relaxation practice
Module 3 - Restoring Our Natural Breath
This module focuses on the anatomy of breathing with emphasis on the profiling the more subtle qualities of the natural breath and its relationship to prana. Students will learn two breath sequences designed to restore the breath to its natural resilient state.
- Qualities of the natural breath
- The anatomy of breathing
- The breath, where contemplative science and neuroscience meet
Module 4 - Breath and The Subtle Body
It introduces a unique mapping of the subtle body called the "Three Realms of the Breath." Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the intimate and intricate relationship between breath and energy flow.
- The subtle body, a bridge between the mind and body
- The breath's impact on the subtle body
- The three realms of the breath, a unique mapping of the subtle body
Module 5 - Awakening The Breath
This module deeply explores the "Innate Breath Response" and it interrelationship to the intelligence of prana. Students will gain skills in learning how to yield to the innate breath's directive.
- Common forms of the innate breath response
- Dancing with the innate breath
- The five "kriyas" of mindfulness
Module 6 - Facilitating Individual Sessions
In this module, students will learn our 8-step protocol for facilitating individual sessions and receive three scripts.
- The art of sequencing, timing, and flow in facilitating Restorative Breathwork®
- The transformative role of language, voice, and presence
Keys to facilitating a progressive series of sessions
Module 7 - Facilitating Small Groups
The final module is about the fundamentals of facilitating Restorative Breathwork® in small groups. Emphasis is on developing skills in sequencing, timing, and flow when working with group energy.
- The fundamentals of facilitating Restorative Breathwork® in a group format
- Keys to working with sequencing, timing, and flow in a group session
- Guidelines and recommendations for allowing time for sharing and feedback
Restorative Breathwork Foundations
September 13, 2021
Foundations has both self-paced and interactive teaching components. It includes weekly live classes with Kathleen and access to a private Facebook group that offers support for you and your practice during the training.
Live teaching sessions are on Wednesdays
Two Options: 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm ET or 5:45pm - 7:00pm ET
Tuition $397 (regularly $497)
This course is eligible for 35 CE hours with Yoga Alliance and 35 CE hours with the International Association of Yoga Therapists.